OER20: Open Education Conference
1-2 April, London, UK
Organised by the Association for Learning Technology in the UK, this is the 11th annual conference for Open Education research, practice and policy. The conference will be hosted at Resource for London, 356 Holloway Rd, London N7 6PA.
This year’s theme: The Care in Openness
Covering issues of privilege, equity, precarity, power relations and public interest, OER20 will put the spotlight on both the value and limitations of care in open education.
Care is a means for social transformation when it is rooted in actual practices and mechanisms that guarantee its redistribution towards a lasting social reorganisation (ZEMOS98, 2019). But in the age of data surveillance and significant risk on the open web, how can we map out and give visibility to the critical component of care practices? How can we build sustainable communities, participatory practices, and civic engagement for the public good and a healthier democracy?
We are particularly keen to hear from people who have an interest in the following indicative areas of practice:
- Theme 1: Openness in the age of surveillance
- Theme 2: Sustainable open education communities
- Theme 3: Open education for civic engagement and democracy
- Theme 4: Criticality and care in open education
- Theme 5: Caring pedagogies and designing for diverse communities of inclusion
- And also Wildcard submissions : open education practice, research or policy session proposals that address the overarching conference theme.
OER Financial Assistance Program
Contributions to the OER Financial Assistance Fund will go towards helping subsidise OER conference fees for those where cost is a genuine barrier to attend this event. You can make a donation or contribute as part of your OER registration fees.