Please check this page for latest updates.
The health of OER20 participants and support staff is very important to us. We have been closely monitoring the news on Coronavirus (COVID-19).
At the present time, the UK Government is not recommending cancelling of events and as such we currently plan to go ahead with OER20 as planned and deliver the event in London, but with the mitigating steps outlined below.
If you are concerned about COVID-19 you can also read the latest information and advice from the UK Government.
If you have any questions regarding the OER20 conference not answered by the details on this page these can be directed to [email protected].
Precautions that we are taking for conference delivery (to prevent any contaminants)
- Hand disinfectant will be readily made available for all OER20 participants.
- We recommend that you do not shake hands or embrace at the conference, instead using a verbal greeting.
- We are following the news within the UK but also in the countries of our OER20 attendees closely.
- We are following recommendations and suggestions from the UK Government and the World Health Organization.
- We are in communication with OER20 attendees facing travel restrictions, due to the coronavirus outbreak.
- If you are affected by travel restrictions please contact us as soon as possible on [email protected].
- For session authors unable to attend the conference in person we permit sessions to be presented remotely if at least one of the submission authors must be able to attend the conference. Please note we are only able to provide very limited technical support for remote presenters and as such you should be aware that remote presenters will be responsible for setting up the session to run remotely (all rooms at OER20 have a laptop with built-in webcam).
- The cancellation deadline was on 2 February 2020 as advertised when registration opened. However, we have extended the cancellation policy to ensure substitutions are allowed if made in writing by email before 16 March 2020.
What is your refund policy due to the recent COVID-19 outbreak?
- It is an unfortunate circumstance that there will be some individuals unable to travel due to the outbreak and travel restrictions. The cancellation and refund policy was published on the website prior to registration commencing, and will be followed. The cancellation deadline was on 2 February 2020 as advertised when registration opened. However, we have extended the cancellation policy to ensure substitutions are allowed if made in writing by email before 16 March 2020.
If I have further questions regarding this situation, who should I contact?
- Please contact [email protected]alt.ac.uk. We will do our best to answer your questions and will work together to find the best solution.
We gratefully acknowledge information from other conference organisers who have shared information with us to formulate our approach.