1) Who are you?
I’m Gabi Witthaus, originally from South Africa, now based in Leicester UK. I work part-time at the University of Birmingham, do a bit of consultancy on the side, and occasionally get around to working on my PhD, which is on online engagement among refugees and asylum seekers in higher education.
2) What is your vibe? Share it in a meme or quote…
For now (just for today), it’s “One day at a time”.
3) What gives you hope these days?
So many volunteers in the community, organising themselves in open, transparent ways, and doing caring things for people in their neighbourhoods.
4) Who are you learning from lately?
Paul Prinsloo (@14prinsp), Gill Ryan (@Gill_ie), Petrea Redmond (@plredmond), CILT at UCT (@CILT_UCT), Kyungmee Lee (@hi_klee) and all the wonderful @GOGN-ers and #OER20 folks 🙂
5) In your opinion, what should we all be caring about? Why?
Equality and equity. Because everybody benefits from it.
6) What do you hope to take away from OER20?
Inspiration. Vision. Courage. Warm fuzzy feelings of connectedness to good people.
Shared by: @twitthaus
Edit Link: (emailed to author)